TotalBoat TotalStrip may be applied with a brush, spreader, putty knife, or roller. The recommended application temperature is 60-80°F. TotalStrip will work faster in warmer temperatures.
- To remove thicker, hard coats of paint, apply TotalStrip up to a maximum of a 1/2" thick. For light coats of softer paints, apply coats at 1/8" to 1/4" thickness.
- When using on multiple coats of bottom paint, it's best to apply 1/4" to 1/2" thick, cover with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent drying out, and wait 8-12 hours for the TotalStrip to penetrate all layers.
- Use a putty knife or stiff brush to remove.
- Remove remaining residue using a stiff brush or stripping pad and water.
- Rinse clean with water. Make sure the surface is completely dry before priming or painting.
Coverage depends on application thickness, but can be up to 50-75 sq. ft. per gallon.