There are many ways to find out which bottom paint is best for your boat. Start by answering the following questions:
- Will you be painting a power boat or sail boat?
- Will the boat be in salt water or fresh water?
- How heavy are the fouling conditions in your home waters?
- Will your boat be in the water year-round or will it be trailered?
- How often will you use your boat?
- How often do you want to paint?
- What material is your hull made of?
- Do you want an environmentally friendly paint?
Once you have the answers to these questions, you're ready to talk to your local boaters or marinas to find what paints they find to be effective. You can also call (800) 497-0010, and talk to one of our bottom painting experts.
For more in-depth information on the various types of bottom paint and a better understanding of which paint works best for your particular boating conditions, refer to Bottom Paint 101: The basics of bottom paint.