Some manufacturers offer a product line in different versions, such as:
Interlux Micron line: Micron Extra, CSC, CF, WA, 66, and Optima.
Micron® Technology provides excellent, long-lasting antifouling protection against all types of fouling. Controlled polishing rate reduces buildup of old coatings and minimizes sanding. Haul and relaunch without repainting. Micron Technology uses less copper more efficiently than old-fashioned, high-copper bottom paints.
- Micron Extra contains Biolux®, a slime-blocking technology to achieve complete protection against shell, weed, and slime fouling. The antifouling ingredients are bonded chemically into the paint's copolymer matrix, which is engineered to wear away gradually as the boat moves through the water, much like a bar of soap.
- Micron CSC* uses Micron Technology to provide excellent, long-lasting antifouling protection against all types of fouling. Micron CSC* wears away (polishes) at a controlled rate, resulting in a reduced buildup of old coatings, and minimized sanding at reapplication. This also allows the boat to be hauled and launched without recoating. Uses less copper more efficiently than old-fashioned, high-copper bottom paints.
- Micron CF (Copper Free) is a multi-season, copper-free antifouling that uses Biolux Slime Blocking Technology to repel slime, and Econea™ to combat zebra mussels and barnacles. Can be used on any power or sailboat, including aluminum hulls. As a polishing antifouling, Micron CF will wear away to help reduce friction, improve fuel efficiency, and reduce paint buildup.
- Micron WA is the exciting NEW addition to Interlux’s industry leading Micron product range. Interlux's Micron self-polishing ablative technology maintains a smooth, clean hull through controlled release of its 49% copper content, protecting cruise, power, and sail boats in high-fouling areas. This water-based addition to the Micron lineup is easy to apply by brush or roller. Low-odor, low-VOC formula makes it suitable to apply indoors or out. Minimal prep and fast dry times let you paint and launch faster.
- Micron Optima* contains Micron Technology in a water-based formulation providing excellent multi-season performance in the most challenging fouling conditions. Micron Optima* uses Activated Biolux Technology to block slime and algae. Micron Optima is low VOC and low odor. Being water based, cleanup is easy. It can be applied over other water-based products and other Micron paints. Use Micron Optima on power and sail boats in all waters.
* For use on fiberglass, wood, and primed underwater metals (except aluminum)
Pettit lines: Trinidad SR, Trinidad Pro, Hydrocoat, Hydrocoat SR, and Hydrocoat ECO.
- Pettit Trinidad SR has been voted the #1 antifouling paint by trade magazines. This hard modified epoxy bottom paint contains up to 65% cuprous oxide (copper content) for the non-Irgarol formula, and up to 60% cuprous oxide for the formula containing 2% Irgarol—plus slime-fighting biocides.
- Trinidad PRO is a hard protective paint which produces the most durable finish for long-lasting performance. The high loading of cuprous oxide (60%) combined with a specially formulated algaecide results in unprecedented resistance to barnacles, algae, slime, and other marine and fresh-water fouling organisms. It can be applied over most hard antifouling coatings. Old, soft antifouling paints must be removed before applying Trinidad PRO.
- Hydrocoat is an easy-to-apply ablative antifouling paint with a smooth finish for performance. This water-based bottom paint complies with air pollution VOC regulations so it is environmentally friendly and safe to use. It offers multiple-season protection, with the benefits of ease of application, minimal odor, and quick cleanup using water. When properly applied, this paint will withstand frequent trailering, beaching, and launching.
- Hydrocoat SR is a high-performance, water-based antifouling paint that will last multiple seasons. Composite Copper Technology is combined with an organic algaecide for dependable protection against hard and soft fouling, while lowering the paint's environmental impact.
- Hydrocoat Eco is a water-based, copolymer ablative bottom paint. It contains the highest level of the metal-free biocide, Econea, on the market and uses a powerful slime-fighting inhibitor to provide multi-season protection in any marine environment.